The old church "Purification of Our Lord Jesus Christ" was built in 1879-1880 years.
The land for construction of the temple was donated to the Theological School by Municipality of Chisinau. Design and budget of expenditure were developed by diocesan architect Michael Serotsinsky.
The church was consecrated on the 24th August 1880. The gilded iconostasis carved out of wood contains icons describing scenes from childhood of Jesus Christ.
Due to the steady increase in the number of students of Theological School, located at the church, the building become in capacious, and in October 1899 the administration requests the architect Michael Serotsinsky to draft up its expansion.
Reconstruction was completed 17th October 1902. After the reconstruction work the area of the church with the antetemple increased by 16 meters.
In the years 1919-1940 the building of Theological school and churches were given to the use of the military hospital, and then from 1941 to 1944 in the building of the Theological School was Seminary office. The temple was reopened in 1991 as a Chapel of the Faculty of Theology.
To date, the church "Purification of Our Lord Jesus Christ" belongs to Theological Academy.
In 2000 major reconstruction of the church began, painting in the temple was done by the artist Yuri Carp.
Once again, the renovated building of the church was consecrated on 13th May 2007 by Synod of priests headed by His Eminence Vladimir, Metropolitan of Chisinau and all Moldova.