It is the monument to the heroes of the young patriots who gave their lives for the freedom of their motherland. The monument was installed on Youth Prospect (now it is Renasterii Avenue) in 1959 by funds raised by the Moldovan youth.
A bronze girl sculpture is standing on a granite column, holding a torch in her hand the symbol of victory. In the lower part of this composition is a group of five sculptures, which symbolises the commitment and courage of the Soviet youth. Its height – is 14.5 meters.
At the base of the monument is a board on which is engraved:
“Eroilor Comsomolului Leninist”, which means “To the Heroes of Leninst Comsomol”.
Over monumental composition worked the architect F. Naumov and the sculptor L. Dubinovsky.
11 photos: 1 from 11